caption Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos. source Chip Somodevilla/Getty When Amazon first launched in 1995 as a website that only sold books, founder Jeff Bezos had a vision for the company’s explosive growth and e-commerce domination. He knew from the very beginning, he wanted Amazon to be “an everything store.” In author Brad Stone’s 2013 book on the origins of Amazon, he paints a picture of the early days of the company and how it grew into the behemoth that it is today. Jillian D’Onfro contributed to an earlier version of this story. “Amazon” wasn’t the company’s original name. source Amazon / Villages Web Design Jeff Bezos originally wanted to give the company the magical sounding name “Cadabra.” Amazon’s first lawyer, Todd Tarbert, convinced him that the name sounded too similar to “Cadaver,” especially over the phone. Bezos also favored the name “Relentless.” If you visit Relentless.com today, guess where it navigates to… He finally chose “Amazon” because he liked that the company would be named after the largest river in the world, hence the company’s original logo. In the early days of Amazon, a bell would ring in the office every time someone made a purchase, and everyone… Read full this story
- Penis Size Facts - 2 Shocking Facts You Probably Should Know
- The American Bald Eagle - Facts Everyone Should Know
- Unwanted Facial Hair - 10 Facts You Should Know
- Fascinating Facts About Mexico
- Fascinating Facts About Ecuador
- Fascinating Facts About Puerto Rico
- Fascinating Facts About Costa Rica
- Left Handed Golf Clubs - Key Facts You Must Know
- 403b Retirement Plans - 10 Facts You Should Know About
- The Facts You Should Know About Internet Marketing.
- Real Estate Logos - 7 Important Facts You Should Know
- Is Your Pet Rat Sneezing? The Facts You Should Know
15 fascinating facts you probably didn’t know about Amazon have 292 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.