Amazon recently announced that the Alexa AI powering its Echo and other hardware has now learned 1,000 “skills” (up from just 135 in January). In case you’re not up to speed with all the new tricks, we’ve picked out 40 of our favorites—you can discover the other 960 yourself. Our previous Echo guide focused on some of the built-in voice commands you can use with your hardware. Here, we’re looking at the various third-party plug-ins (known officially as skills) added to Alexa—to get them working, install the Alexa app for Android or iOS and open the Skills menu. Advertisement Ask an 8-ball Install the Magic 8-Ball skill on your Echo then ask it anything: “Alexa, ask Magic 8-Ball if I’m going to be rich,” say, or whatever else you want a mystic (random) answer to. Call a cab Uber integration is perhaps one of the most well-known Echo features—say “Alexa, ask Uber to request a ride” and a taxi will be on its way to your location in minutes. Advertisement Cash in on daily deals Woot can bring the best daily deals straight to your Echo: say “Alexa, ask Woot what the daily deal is” or specify a certain product… Read full this story
- Amazon Echo Spot review: cute smart speaker with a screen
- Amazon Echo Show review: smart speaker with a screen has great potential
- Amazon Echo Dot review: as good as the Echo for one-third of the price
- Amazon Echo, Google Home or Sonos One: which smart speaker should I buy?
- Ford Announces Slew of Sync 3 Updates, Including Amazon Echo Integration and 4G LTE
- You'll soon be able to control your BMW with Amazon Echo
- Alexa's advice to 'kill your foster parents' fuels concern over Amazon Echo
- Dean Jones was fantastic in teaching me new tricks: Abhinav Mukund
- 2015 Acura TLX is all too familiar, despite its new tricks [w/videos]
- BMW Promises 40 New or Revised Models over Two Years
- Hacker jury rigs Amazon Echo into voice-controlled remote start
- Amazon Echo devices made by Chinese teens 'working through night' - reports
40 New Tricks For Your Amazon Echo have 349 words, post on gizmodo.com at June 16, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.