Amazon on Wednesday unveiled a cornucopia of new gadgets as it extended the reach of Alexa from automobiles and homes essentially into people’s heads. Amazon digital aide Alexa vies with Google Assistant software to be at the heart of smart homes where lights, security systems, televisions and more are controlled with spoken commands. While the Seattle-based technology titan has worked with partners to get Alexa built into some 85,000 devices, it also expanded the line-up of hardware it creates itself. – Echo Frames – Eyeglass frames with microphones built in to listen for commands and speakers that channel audio directly into the ears for just wearers to hear. The frames, which can be used for prescription lenses, have no camera or display capabilities and synch with smartphones. Echo Frames are available invitation-only, and priced at $180. – Echo Loop – A ring worn on a finger that can be used to interact with Alexa digital assistant using taps or swipes. The smart ring is available by invitation only and priced at $130. – Echo Buds – Wireless earbuds infused with Alexa digital assistant smarts but which synch to smartphones, where they can work with Google Assistant or Apple Siri software…. Read full this story
- 11 Hidden Amazon Prime Perks You’re Already Paying For
- Will rural India jump the digital divide with Voice Tech?
- Sony WH-1000XM4 noise-canceling headphones review: The best gets better
- Here’s why Apple believes it’s an AI leader—and why it says critics have it all wrong
- Best smart speaker of 2020: Echo Dot, Nest Mini and more
- Is your Google Home or Nest secure? How to find and delete your private data
Amazon digital assistant Alexa gets into your head have 277 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 26, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.