Jul 31, 12:09 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Business By Travis Hoium 07/31/19 AT 12:03 AM Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) seems to have a hand in nearly every corner of the tech industry, but thus far, it has largely shied away from the virtual reality business (outside of selling other companies’ headsets on its retail website). That’s changing now that Prime Video is getting a VR version for some of the world’s most popular headsets, Oculus Go, Oculus Quest, and Samsung’s Gear VR.Adding an app to Facebook’s (NASDAQ:FB) Oculus platform won’t transform Amazon into a VR leader, but it lays the groundwork for the company to make inroads in the space, which is something everyone in the industry should be both excited and frightened about.Amazon’s move into VRAmazon recently announced that its Prime Video VR app will be available for the Oculus Quest, Oculus Go, and Samsung’s Gear VR devices. “Beyond the Prime Video library of TV shows and movies, Prime Video VR also offers 10 handpicked 360° videos at launch and will continue to add VR-specific content,” Oculus said in the announcement.These videos do not currently include interactive VR that uses the Quest’s full six degrees of freedom (DOF). They are three-DOF videos that are often best watched… Read full this story
- Empathy, Inc. is a virtual reality thriller for an age of tech cynicism
- How gaming company Unity is driving automakers toward virtual reality
- The best virtual reality games
- The best virtual reality apps for 2019
- Microsoft patents a virtual reality floor mat that could be paired with an Xbox
- Apple reportedly has hundreds of people working on a secret virtual reality team
- How virtual reality will train the workers of tomorrow
- British Airways will test virtual reality headsets for first-class passengers
- Virtual reality major gets boost in Jiangxi
- Virtual reality is for watching things. HoloLens is for making them
- Can Virtual Reality Help With Pain?
- Virtual Reality Therapy—Technology Fail or Success?
Amazon Dips A Big Toe Into Virtual Reality have 334 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at July 30, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.