Tuesday, February 27, 2018 by: David Williams Tags: Amazon, Amazon Key, computer security, computing, cyber war, Glitch, hacking, home security, Jeff Bezos, privacy, security (Natural News) Online retail giant Amazon has a unique new delivery service feature that allows delivery guys to open locked doors, leave packages inside people’s homes, and leave after locking the door again behind them. This is called Amazon Key, and it’s a service that is now a hot topic in the security industry as one researcher has exposed yet another vulnerability in it. By using a customized Raspberry Pi minicomputer, a pseudonymous researcher named MG managed to bypass the Amazon Key’s security system to gain access to locked doors and retrieved packages that have been tagged as delivered by the courier in charge. He has since shared the surface details of the method he used in a post on his Medium blog. According to MG, he had tried to contact Amazon about a potential flaw in their Amazon Key service back in January, but the company wasn’t interested until they could be presented with a proof-of-concept (PoC). That was MG’s main motivation for going ahead and making the POC himself, which involved the customized Raspberry Pi… Read full this story
- EU Has to Fine-Tune New Payment Mechanism to Trade With Iran Under US Sanctions
- Turkish security forces seize 5 tons of hashish in anti-PKK operation
- Plymouth footie fans could win £25k on new predictions game
- A new endemic species to Malta: the Maltese Ferule
- Notts County secure hard-fought point against Lincoln City
- New Mansfield Town signing Nicky Ajose given clear message from boss David Flitcroft
- New Notts midfielder Michael Doyle implores fans to leave negativity at the door
- As the EU tightens regulations on Nord Stream 2, why all the fuss about a new gas pipeline?
- Louis Theroux among Twitter hack targets to highlight security flaw
- David prepares to go the distance to raise money for Sidmouth teenager’s brain tumour research campaign
- Press the Button, Baby! New ‘Sex Device’ Vows to Reduce Failed Foreplay Attempts
- Samsung announces Galaxy Fold alongside trio of new flagship devices
Amazon’s new Key device already hacked by security researchers, highlighting security flaws have 354 words, post on www.naturalnews.com at February 26, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.