Riot police were called in last night to deal with a group of protesters who tried to attack a police van after the peaceful main Black Lives Matter demonstration in London had finished. At least 15,000 Black Lives Matter protesters including actor John Boyega and singer Liam Payne gathered in London on Wednesday, ignoring social distancing guidelines, as a show of anger against the death of Mr Floyd in the US. Though that protest dissipated by the evening, around 200 people, many in masks, remained close to Downing Street after the peaceful protesters had departed. Two officers who were in a police van close to Downing Street came under attack shortly after 9.30pm with attempts made to damage the vehicle. However, police in riot gear were called upon and managed to stop the attack which resulted in a tense stand-off. At least 13 people were arrested, police said. Some pulled down a line of temporary barriers outside Downing Street, while plastic and glass bottles were thrown at the metal gates outside No 10. Footage also showed police officers retreating as they were followed by angry demonstrators in Westminster. A crowd of protesters pushed a line of police into Parliament Square, as bottles were… Read full this story
- Can Black Lives Matter Win in the Age of Trump?
- Protesters say Paterson Black Lives Matter leader arrested during downtown protest march
- APD launched effort to gather intelligence on Black Lives Matter, other groups
- FBI Tracked an Activist Involved With Black Lives Matter as They Travelled Across the U.S., Documents Show
- Judge Drops Charges Against Motorist Who Drove Through Black Lives Matter Mob
- What Black Lives Matter and the Oregon Ranchers Have in Common
- Los Angeles Caves To Black Lives Matter Leader, City Attorney Agrees To Potentially Drop All Charges
- March for Jameek Lowery planned Saturday, arrested Black Lives Matter leaders released
- Black Lives Matter Leader Charged With Battery On A Cop, Might Face Jail Time
- 'Loving, caring' boy killed after chase with gang in Isleworth
- Teenage girl arrested during far-right ‘yellow vest’ protests in London
- Violence claimed 30 lives in Knox County in 2018. Here are those cases.
At least 13 people arrested as violence erupts after Black Lives Matter protest in London with officers chased down and attacked by gangs of thugs and fights breaking out near Downing Street have 341 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.