"The universe is a pretty big place. If it’s just us, seems like an awful waste of space." I've been thinking lately of Carl Sagan the astrophysicist and biologist who is best known for his work on extraterrestrial life and his best-selling book for the public on astrophysics entitled "Cosmos", which was made into a 1980 Public Television series estimated to have been seen by between 500 million and 1 billion people worldwide. Why I have been thinking of Carl Sagan lately was a bit of a puzzle over the last weeks, but this weekend it all came together for me, as I will explain later, and so this editorial is inspired by Dr Sagan's life and work. Carl Sagan grew up in Brooklyn, New York, and raised by Eastern European immigrant Jewish parents. Born in 1934, he was in New York when members of his extended family in Eastern Europe died during the Holocaust. His immigrant parents could not achieve their personal career dreams , and so it was left to Carl to "fulfill the un-fulfilled dreams of his parents". I grew up in a similar post-Holocaust Jewish home, and was fully aware of the burden I accepted to… Read full this story
- Dial800 recognized by CIO Review Magazine as “20 Most Promising Contact Center Technology Solution Providers 2019”
- 'We NEED more studies': Neurologists demand urgent research into whether contact sports cause motor neurone disease after rugby star Rob Burrow is diagnosed aged 37
- Wot I Think: Pandora - First Contact
- Alpha Centaurish: Pandora: First Contact Out Now
- Impressions: Pandora - First Contact
- Hailie Deegan prevails in K&N West race after last-lap contact with teammate
- Prosecutors Said Paul Manafort Lied About His Contacts With Trump Administration Officials
- Writing a love letter instead of a police report: why victims contact sex attackers
- What to know about the 'contact period' in college football's recruiting calendar
- Dan Osborne changes his phone number to prove to Jacqueline Jossa ‘other women’ can’t contact him again
- Dan Osborne 'changes his number and cuts contact with women for wife Jacqueline'
- NASA halts contact with Russia, except for International Space Station
Contact have 350 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at June 10, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.