Cork City Council has reported a data breach to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) after a councillor claimed that parking offence warning letters were found outside City Hall.The batch of 21 final warning letters, all dated April 4, 2019, relate to outstanding fixed charge penalty notices and contain the names, addresses and car registration numbers of several motorists, and the alleged parking offences.Fianna Fáil Cllr Ken O’Flynn says the documents were handed to him by a member of the public who claims to have found them on the Anglesea Street side of City Hall recently.While the council has launched an extensive internal investigation to establish what occurred, the risk to those whose personal data is involved has been described as “low-level”.The warning letters are linked to alleged parking offences ranging from failure to display a valid parking disc, failure to register a valid park by phone parking payment, unlawful parking in a loading bay, and parking on double yellow lines.It advises motorists that they have been issued with a fixed charge penalty notice in respect of an alleged parking offence, and have until Wednesday, April 17, to pay the fine.The motorists are warned that if they fail to make the… Read full this story
- Cork City - A City With History
- Getting to Know Your Local City Council Members
- Presentations to City Councils for Truck Wash Locations
- Public Community Relations and Running for City Council
- Mauldin City Council Meeting Summary
- Lessons for Consumers After the TJX Data Breach
- City Council Election and Dirty Local Politics
- Amazon drops additional $1 million-plus into Seattle City Council races, with ballots out this week
- Credit Report Scoring Errors - How to Write a Dispute Letter
- How To Report A Business Insurance Claim
- The Not-So-Effective Cover Letter
- What is the Format of a Cover Letter?
Cork City Council report data breach after councillor claimed parking offence warning letters found have 304 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.