The head of the European Union's Frontex border agency, Fabrice Leggeri, has offered his resignation, French and German sources told AFP, with the body's board set to "examine” the move Friday. French official Leggeri had resigned "following an investigation into his management of the agency by Olaf,” the European Anti-Fraud Office, the French source added, confirming press reports he was stepping down. The agency's board has yet to accept his resignation. "I can confirm that he has offered his resignation” which "opens the possibility of a new start” for Frontex, a German government spokesman said at a regular press conference. Olaf's report into Leggeri, who has led Frontex since 2015, found he "did not follow procedures, was dishonest with the EU and managed staff badly,” French magazine Le Point reported. Frontex has repeatedly been accused by aid groups of practising illegal "pushbacks” of migrants after they make it across EU borders — or of turning a blind eye when national authorities have done the same. Greece's land and sea borders with Turkey have been a major focus of such allegations. On Wednesday, an investigation by French daily Le Monde and Lighthouse Reports found that Frontex recorded pushbacks in Greek waters… Read full this story
- The Influences of US Double Standard in Human Rights in Present World as a Full Metal of Jacket
- Boris Johnson is reportedly very close to agreeing a Brexit deal with the EU
- The 14th Amendment Is For Every American Right?
- Ex-Pentagon Chief Says Islamic State Will Rebound: Syria Update
- Albanian Tax Administration - Growing With A Good VAT
- November Reminder: Kennedy Assassination had Mississippi Roots
- When A Child Protective Worker Shows Up At Your Door - Keep Your Mouth Shut!
- The Life Of A Medic With The 10CSH -The Real Story!
- How Not To Resolve The Niger Delta Crises
- Was the People's Temple Tragedy at Jonestown a Government Experiment?
- A Case For Lebanon - A Non-Nuclear Oriented Argument Against The Islamic Republic
- Former White House aide: John Bolton called Rudy Giuliani a ‘hand grenade’
EU Border Agency Chief Leggeri Resigns Following Rights Abuse Probe: Report have 345 words, post on www.news18.com at April 29, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.