Technology Indian online retailer Flipkart, owned by Walmart Inc, expects bumper sales during the annual festive season that just kicked off, as it boasts that U.S. rival Amazon Inc is losing relevance in India. 12 Oct 2018 03:55AM (Updated: 12 Oct 2018 03:55AM) Bookmark BENGALURU: Indian online retailer Flipkart, owned by Walmart Inc, expects bumper sales during the annual festive season that just kicked off, as it boasts that U.S. rival Amazon Inc is losing relevance in India.Flipkart and Amazon both began their flagship annual sales in India on Wednesday, and will compete for shoppers during the October-December festive season when most big-ticket purchases are made in the country.”Flipkart is expecting a big spike in (its) ‘Big Billion Days’ sales over last year,” its Chief Executive Kalyan Krishnamurthy told reporters at the e-commerce company’s Bengaluru-headquarters late on Wednesday, referring to Flipkart’s annual sale.Company executives said Flipkart’s deeper push into India’s small towns and cities, its range of cheap, high-quality private label products and the wide assortment of smartphones will boost its sales during this year’s event.The ‘Big Billion Days’ sale will go on until Oct. 14, while Amazon’s rival sale dubbed the ‘Great Indian Festival’ will finish on Oct. 15,… Read full this story
- Flipkart aka WS Retail to Exit the Gaming Retail Business: Sources
- Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2018: ZenFone Max Pro M1 and Other Budget Smartphone Offers Detailed
- Will end of Bezos-Murthy's e-com JV hit Amazon's biz?
- Amazon, Flipkart must face CCI probe, Supreme Court says
- Top toymakers say their products will be harder to find and more expensive this holiday season
- Everything old is new again case file #65: the 1994-95 season of Saturday Night Live
- Amazon pays £1,000 bonus to win new workers
- Major League Soccer’s Most Valuable Teams 2019: Atlanta Stays On Top As Expansion Fees, Sale Prices Surge
- Broncos finding it hard to break out of NFL purgatory: “You got to be tough to love a losing team”
- Lockdown extensions like 'slowly pulling teeth', tourism operator says
- Despite Coronavirus, Indian Traders Stock up in Hopes of Festive Cheer
- Four Ways To Boost Digital Customer Engagement
Flipkart confident of bumper sales season; says Amazon losing relevance have 346 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 12, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.