Virgin Atlantic has some great saver business award availability to fly on Delta nonstop between Detroit and Honolulu. They charge a mere 37.5K miles+$5.60 each way. The flight is operated by a 767-400 with lie-flat direct aisle access seats in business class!
Not from Detroit? You can book a separate ticket to get to Detroit and it will still be a bargain for a lie-flat business class seat to paradise!
In order to search for award space you can click here. Virgin’s site is buggy, so you’ll have to click the location icon as shown below and manually search for your destination by country and state. You’ll want to search one-way in order to get the availability to properly display:
Click on Advanced options under the calendar and then click on within 5 weeks, pay with miles, and upper class as the cabin.
If the option to search for miles isn’t available you also may need to try selecting another airport such as LAX, click on pay with miles, and then switch the airport back to Honolulu.
If you get an error about availability for the dates below, try searching again. The Virgin Atlantic award search again is powered by HUCA.
Here are dates that currently have business saver availability nonstop from Detroit to Honolulu:
Here are dates that currently have business saver availability nonstop from Honolulu to Detroit:
Want to read more about Hawaii? My love affair with Hawaii started 13 years ago when I posted and grabbed a deal paying just $87 for airfare and hotel. Since then I’ve been lucky enough to spend several months between the stunning islands, which each offer a unique and wonderful experience. You can’t go wrong with any of them, there are just 2 things is to be careful of.
1. Don’t get stuck in Honolulu. I’ve heard from too many people who spent an entire week and never left the city limits. That’s just a shame, they may as well have gone to Miami Beach. While I prefer The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui to Oahu, there is still plenty to see and experience on Oahu as long as you leave Honolulu behind.
As for which island is best, read on and decide for yourself! If you ask 5 people you’ll probably get 6 different answers 😀
DansMeals: Hawaii For The Kosher Traveler:
- Part 1: General Info And The Island Of Oahu
- Part 2: The Big Island of Hawaii
- Part 3: Maui
- Part 4: Kauai
Trip reports and posts on Hawaii:
- Trip Notes: The Final United 747 Flight And 2 Days In Maui (2018)
- Trip Notes: Maui No Ka ‘Oi (2014)
- Trip Notes Kauai: Heaven On Earth (2014)
- The Hawaiian Islands. (2011)
- Traveling To Hawaii…With A 5 Month Old (2011)
- View From The Room (2011)
- Pearl Harbor…70 Years (2011)
- Shaloha! (2011)
- Hawaii Trip Notes: Kauai (2009)
- Hawaii Trip Notes: Oahu (2009)
DDF forum threads:
- Hawaii Master Thread: General Questions And Which Island To Visit?
- Big Island Of Hawaii Master Thread
- Kauai Master Thread
- Lanai, Molokai, and Niihau, Hawaii Master Thread
- Maui Master Thread
- Oahu Master Thread
- Links to trip reports from other DDF members.
Join the 93.5K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!
- Use Virgin Atlantic Miles To Fly To Europe For Just £4 Tax
- Flash Sale: Delta Business-Class Award Flights to Europe
- Ridiculous Flight Deals: Business Class To Asia Just $230 & $99 To Europe
- Top 10 best transatlantic Business Class products
- Top 10 best airlines for transatlantic Business Class
- Top 10 best Business Class airport lounges in the world
- United Airlines B787-9 Polaris Business Class Paris to San Francisco
- Latin American Destinations Where Business Class Flights Are a Deal
- Swiss Airbus A340 Business Class Zürich to Bangkok
- Condor Boeing 767 Business Class from Frankfurt to Zanzibar
- Qantas business class vs premium economy A380 review
- Emirates Airbus A380 Business Class Brisbane to Dubai