When the College Football Playoff selection committee unveiled its first rankings Oct. 28, SEC West teams accounted for three of the top four, four of the top six and five of the top 20 spots.When the group releases its new rankings Tuesday, current No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Mississippi State will likely be the sole remaining top-10 teams from the division. Auburn and Ole Miss will be somewhere in the 11-20 range, ensuring that this week’s long-anticipated Iron Bowl and Egg Bowl will both be clashes of ranked teams. But nor are they mega-showdowns of No. 1 vs. No. 4 and No. 3 vs. No. 6 as would have been the case in late October.But while some individual teams did not live up to their initial inflated perceptions, it’s more clear today than at any point this season that as a whole, the 2014 SEC West is the most dominant division since conferences first started dividing themselves 22 years ago.When Auburn handled Samford 31-7 last Saturday night, the SEC West completed a 28-0 non-conference schedule that included victories over current first-place teams in five of the nine FBS conferences — the Big 12 (8-3 Auburn at 8-2 Kansas State),… Read full this story
- No. 1 LSU has sights set on SEC West title vs Arkansas
- UL's defense answered the challenge of Troy's passing game with a dominant performance in blowout win
- Israel: West Bank and Gaza Strip on Lockdown for 11 Days During Sukkot
- Indian election result: 2014 is Modi's year as BJP secures victory
- No. 10 Miss St women drop 1st non-SEC home game since 2014
- Indian election 2014: your interactive guide to the world's biggest vote
- Can SEC Sweep Nine Bowl Games? Chances Are Good According to These Early Odds
- India elections: domination of Nehru-Gandhi dynasty under threat
- The 2014-2015 Season’s 10 Best Tailgaters
- Everton: What was different, and what’s the way forward?
- Shadow Creek dominates Manor for return to state semifinals
- SF, PG&E come to loose agreement on moving city projects forward
Forward Pass: Why 2014 SEC West is the most dominant division ever have 316 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 24, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.