Since debuting in April 2011, HBO’s Game Of Thrones has slowly become the defining television phenomenon of this decade, dominating the pop culture conversation in a way no other show has since the glory days of The Sopranos. It was one of a number of shows angling to step into the mob drama’s place, along with Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Sons Of Anarchy, Justified, and House Of Cards. HBO initially sold its adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s fantasy epic as “The Sopranos in Middle-earth,” hoping to transplant David Chase’s deeply American saga of violence, sex, family, and power to a sprawling, Tolkien-esque fantasy world. It managed to fulfill those expectations and then some, surpassing Sopranos viewership mid-way through its fourth season. Today it’s gone far beyond that: “Khaleesi” was a more popular name for baby girls in 2017 than “Brittany.” But winter is coming. As Game Of Thrones heads into its final, six-episode season—slated to premiere sometime in 2019—it leaves a gaping hole in the television landscape. Everyone from Apple to FX has pined, sometimes publicly, for their “own Game Of Thrones,” and the model is clear: Find a nerd-culture tome, and throw money at it. Amazon has pledged to… Read full this story
- Ubisoft Confirms First PS5/Scarlett Games, Including Watch Dogs Legion
- Are African Board Games a Key to African Excellence?
- Escape Game opens in CityCentre
- Nevada gaming officials propose changes to regulations
- Sands makes case to renew its gaming license
- Netmarble gaming company moving to Downtown LA from Buena Park
- Mass. board to consider removing Steve Wynn from gaming license
- Credit Suisse boss has refused to watch Arsenal game since 2011
- PBA legends set to play in charity game
- Play this Game to Achieve Success
- Roundup: ‘Need for Speed,’ ‘Gran Turismo Sport’ and ‘Gear.Club Unlimited’ vie for racing-game dollars
- One year later, remembering an Orioles game without fans at Camden Yards
Game of have 310 words, post on tv.avclub.com at September 5, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.