For the last three days, since Truong Thanh Duc came up with the idea, his small shop on Hang Bong Street, Hoan Kiem District, has been operating at full capacity. He plans to make 500 shirts a day while the frenzy surrounding the second summit lasts. The handmade printed T-shirts, which have the leaders in silhouette, cost less than $5. He chose the best photographs of the two leaders, ones that clearly showed their characteristic features, printed them on nylon and proceeded to screen mesh them. Duc says: “I have had the idea of printing world leaders’ pictures on T-shirts for many years. A few years ago, I made a couple for trial. However, after knowing the Trump-Kim summit will be held in Hanoi, I made more T-shirts to sell to tourists and locals as a souvenir.” The worker places a frame on the shirt. He uses two basic colors, black and red, and sweeps them across the frame to print. After printing, the shirts are dried in a cool room for around 12 hours. Due to high demand, they are being dried quickly using a hair drier. Under the portrait, the word “Peace” is written in English. In addition… Read full this story
- Trump-Kim summit: Stakes are high for US to show progress on North Korea
- Opinion: The Trump-Kim summit's predictably disappointing outcome
- 'US must not cross red line' during possible Trump-Kim meeting
- Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting: How the world reacted
- Pompeo to visit North Korea next month to plan second Trump-Kim summit
- Trump: Kim Jong Un and I 'fell in love'
- Diplomacy Isn't 'Bringing a Hot Dish Over the Fence to the Dictator Next Door': Klobuchar Scoffs at Trump-Kim Meeting
- Say it quietly: Hanoi has at least five noiseless cafés
- Hanoi air quality gets worse in November
- Registration opens for VnExpress Marathon 2019
- Wearing the name with pride! Lara Trump's baby son Luke models a polo shirt with 'Trump' embroidered on it as he enjoys his very first snowfall, before visiting dad Eric in his New York office
- Trump's North Korea sabre-rattling has a flaw: Kim Jong-un has nothing to lose
Hanoi shop discovers Trump-Kim T-shirt is a bestseller - VnExpress International have 352 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.