WASHINGTON — Maryland lawmakers have agreed to roll out the red carpet and then some in an effort to lure Amazon’s second headquarters to Montgomery County. But how does it compare with other offers being made? The incentive package to Amazon includes tax breaks and infrastructure improvements worth more than $8.5 billion. The package has cleared the House and Senate with the enthusiastic backing of Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan. There’s still some mystery about what many of the cities on Amazon’s top-20 finalists list are willing to offer the online shopping behemoth. Both D.C. and Virginia are among the finalists that have kept their offers under wraps. But of the cities that have made all or parts of their proposals known, none seem to come close to what Maryland is offering. Newark, New Jersey, has offered a $7 billion package, that is believed to be the closest to Maryland’s offer, according to the Baltimore Sun. Chicago, Columbus, Ohio and Philadelphia have packages believed to be worth $2-3 billion. Some lawmakers in Annapolis, Maryland, feel that making offers abundantly clear and actually laying it out there for Amazon, shows how serious the state is about luring the online retailer to Montgomery County. Amazon… Read full this story
- Update: VMware partners to offer Amazon-like compute services
- Amazon Labor Day 2016 Sale Offers Amazon Tap And Fire TV And Stick Deals
- What Is Amazon Home Services?
- Website lets Marylanders compare hospital costs
- Amazon Music Unlimited vs Prime Music - What’s the Difference?
- 4 cloud VPS providers that could be a better fit for SMBs than Amazon or Google
- What Walmart Buying Jet Means For You (and Amazon)
- Amazon releases Fire TV set-top box with voice activation
- Can Amazon be stopped?
- Why an Amazon 'Kindle' Smartphone Will Be a Tough Sell
- 6 Facts To Know About The Amazon Drones
- Amazon Prime vs. Walmart ShippingPass: Which Is Better?
How does Maryland's offer to Amazon compare to other offers? have 319 words, post on wtop.com at April 8, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.