Hyatt has been offering this summertime promotion for cardholders since 2015 and it’s great to see it continue to be offered.
- Registration will remain open until 7/ 15.
- Redeem your points for free nights, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, and FIND experiences completed between July 1 and September 2, 2019.
- Stays must be completed by 9/2, so if you are staying over that date, you’ll want to split up that award into 2 reservations.
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.
- Officially it states to allow 6-8 weeks after your points redemption has been completed for the points rebate, but based on experience from this promotion in the past, it should post much faster that that.
While the terms indicate that only points redeemed between 7/1-9/2 will qualify, in the past this has always meant that the nights had to be used in that period, but the rebate has been valid regardless of when you actually created the award reservation.
The World of Hyatt credit card is an excellent card and comes with 50,000 points in addition to annual free nights, elite status, and promotions. You can read more about the new World of Hyatt card here. You can apply now and still take advantage of this promotion!
With the 10% rebate, you could book a 3 night stay at the wonderful Park Hyatt Sydney for 90K points and you would get a 9K points rebate.
Park Hyatt Sydney and Sydney Opera House, as seen from the Harbour Bridge:
Here is the Hyatt award chart:
|Hotel (Click on category for list of hotels)||Standard Room Award||Points+Cash Standard Room||Suite Night Award||Points+Cash Suites||Premium Suite Night Award||Points+Cash Premium Suites|
|Category 1||5K||2.5K+50% of standard room price||8K||4K+50% of suite price||10K||5K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 2||8K||4K+50% of standard room price||13K||6.5K+50% of suite price||16K||8K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 3||12K||6K+50% of standard room price||20K||10K+50% of suite price||24K||12K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 4||15K||7.5K+50% of standard room price||24K||12K+50% of suite price||30K||15K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 5||20K||10K+50% of standard room price||32K||16K+50% of suite price||40K||20K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 6||25K||12.5K+50% of standard room price||40K||20K+50% of suite price||50K||25K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 7||30K||15K+50% of standard room price||48K||24K+50% of suite price||60K||30K+50% of premium suite price|
|Category 8 (SLH Partner Hotels Only)||40K||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
You can determine the category of every Hyatt hotel via this link. Just toggle the category number to view other categories and expand the regions on the bottom to include hotels in the Asia/Pacific region or the Europe, Africa & Middle East region.
Hyatt free nights have no blackouts or capacity controls on standard rooms and suites, though some hotels do have a minimum stay requirement, though there are workarounds. Hyatt aksi doesn’t charge resort fees on point stays.
Where will you stay with this promotion? Find more inspiration on where to go in this post.
- Reader Question: Which Chase Ink Card Should I Apply For?
- Ultimate Comparison Chart Of Chase Ultimate Rewards Cards; Supercharge Your Earnings By Creating Your Own Killer Quinfecta!
- DansMeals: Hawaii For The Kosher Traveler. Part 1: General Info And The Island Of Oahu
- All About The Chase Quadfecta; At Least 23% Of You Aren’t Doing This Right…But You Should Be!
- The Best Credit Cards for Hotel Guests
- The best travel credit cards of 2019