Gwyneth Paltrow used to be best known as an actress, but in the last decade she’s built an even bigger reputation as a health guru. Her newsletter venture, Goop, peddles an enviable lifestyle—travel, fashion, anything that looks gorgeous in photographs—but with a central message of living a clean, healthy life. When she decided to bring Goop to life with a “summit” in Los Angeles, the focus was the thing she’s best known for, and happens to get the most shit about: health. Goop embraces novelty, including alternative therapies that range from useless to harmful. I went to the Goop health summit to see whether there was any real health advice to be had, and if not, what takes its place. Before I hopped on the plane to LA, I engaged in a few weeks of Goop immersion. I read (okay, skimmed) Goop-endorsed doctors’ books. I ate Goop-approved recipes. And I talked to two non-Goop experts who were able to provide some perspective. One of those was Tim Caulfield. He directs the Health Law Institute at the University of Alberta and is fascinated by pop culture’s messages about health. He wrote a book about celebrity health advice called Is Gwyneth Paltrow… Read full this story
- Technology and Children’s Health: Tips to Increase Exercise
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop in hot water after posting snap of naked woman on Instagram
- Gwyneth Paltrow looks incredible in feathered silk shirt at GLAAD Awards... as husband Brad Falchuk gives her a helping hand in her heels
- The real quest of cancer treatment: dispensing the right mix of hope and reality
- West Virginia University to hold summit on food deserts
- Tips To Remove Food Stuck In Gums
- Health effects of coffee: Where do we stand?
- Best Tips For Protecting Your Children's Skin This Summer
- Lousy Day? Get Through With These Tips!
- 8 pre-workout tips to ensure a healthy 2018!
- Deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder better with these 8 tips
- G20 Health Ministers Take on Antibiotic Resistance
I Went on a Quest for Legit Health Tips at Gwyneth’s Goop Summit have 335 words, post on vitals.lifehacker.com at June 15, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.