Interior Design is the process of decorating a space to make it more pleasing to the eye, and more comfortable for people to be in. Several components exist in Interior Design. Principle components include: Furniture, Wall Treatment, Flooring, and Accessories.
It is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment. These solutions are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants, and are aesthetically attractive. Designs are created in response to and coordinated with the building shell, and acknowledge the physical location and social context of the project.
Start with an interior designer and space planner who can determine exactly how you envision your new space and how you want it to reflect the realities of your everyday living.
Some Question to ask before Interior:• Who is your family? What will your family look like in 10 years?
• How do you use this space?
• Where do family members spend their time? Are they together in those spaces or alone?
• How long are you planning to live in this house?
• How do you manage your time in the morning?
• How do you cook?
• Does the way you live today reflect restrictions or adaptations that were made for children or pets that are no longer living in the home?
Measure your space by using a steel measuring tape to jot down the actual measurements of the room and whatever is necessary. Before measuring, make a sketch of the floor plan and be sure to include all the needed furniture and amenities in your sketch. Measure along the length of the baseboard from one corner of the room to another corner of the room.
Steps taken in Interior Designing:• Measure to the nearest ¼ inch and put this approximate inch on the floor plan.
• Include every four walls in the sketch, this way you can determine what color or wall covering.
• Measure any openings, whether it’s doors or open archways from the ends of the walls.
• Measure any features that are part of the house, shelves, the brackets, and any built-in-features. Once you’ve finished measuring, draw your floor plan by using graph paper.
• Lightly pencil the main parts of the room on the graph paper, including any revisions or changes that need to be made.
• Make note of direction of the room.
• Ask yourself where you would put electrical wiring or any outlets.
Easy Interior Design ChangesAre you in the mood for an interior design change? Here are a few likely suspects:
Drawer Pulls and Door Handles Cheap plastic drawer pulls or outdated door handles can drag down the interior design of an entire room. Even if your home is a rental, it’s simple to change the drawer and cabinet hardware to something more stylish. The only tool you need is a screwdriver. Save the old hardware and reinstall it when you move out.
Stained or Broken ItemsTreat your old curtains to a washing or dry-cleaning, or replace them altogether. If you can sew a straight seam, you can make inexpensive custom curtains that fit your windows and your interior decorating scheme. You might be used to that crumpled lampshade, frayed light pull, or cracked mirror by now, but that should not deter you from upgrading.
PaintBy far the simplest way to change a room’s interior design is to paint it. Consider choosing a color that shows up elsewhere in the room so that the room feels unified.
- Black Interior Designer Creates Beautiful Spaces in “Buying It Blind” on Bravo TV
- SciFutures Probes Your Company’s Dystopian Nightmares And Dreams Up The Solutions
- The interior design of the future will seem like magic
- SpaceX Dragon capsule successfully docks with ISS
- Black-Owned Event Planning Business on Succeeding In the Space
- Super organised mum, 32, behind incredible home and dream walk-in wardrobe shares her VERY simple tips to get your house looking perfect all year long
- Photos and fabric trends from the High Point Showtime Market
- Create a closet so dreamy you’ll never want to shut the door
- I want to live in Birkenstock’s chic new Paris showroom
- Lux Hotel Review: Belmond La Residencia, Mallorca
- The Future Of Retail In The Age Of Amazon
- Set Sail As A High-Seas Solopreneur