LEBRON James led every NBA player, coach and referee in kneeling during the national anthem on the league’s first night back after the coronavirus shutdown. The Lakers player said he hopes he did former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick “proud” after he led the movement on Thursday night. Kaepernick sat or kneeled during the national anthem in the 2016/17 NFL season to highlight racial injustice in the US. Before the Lakers v Clippers match began yesterday, players were lined up wearing “Black Lives Matter” T-shirts, with audio clips about systemic racism playing in the background. As the National Anthem started playing, NBA players, coaches and referees all went down on one knee and hugged each other. Following the match, the Los Angeles Lakers power forward told reporters: “I hope we continue to make Kaep proud. “Every single day I hope I make him proud on how I live my life, not only on the basketball floor, but off the floor. “I want to always speak out against things that I feel like are unjust. I always want to be educated on things and go about it that way.” Kaerpenick’s high-profile stance caused a backlash with many threatening to burn… Read full this story
- Pacers believe LeBron James should have been called for goaltending in final seconds of Cavs' victory
- LeBron James: Greatness taken for granted
- NBA Player Power Rankings: MVP Candidates Continue To Clash
- LeBron Is the Best Player the NBA Has Ever Seen, Even If He's Not the GOAT
- Cavaliers vs. Raptors Series Prediction: Can LeBron James Drag Cleveland Past Toronto?
- 10 hottest NBA head coaching candidates
- NBA playoffs: LeBron James is engaged again and the Cavs are leading. Shocker.
- LeBron James' historic night leads Cavaliers past Nets 129-123
- By outdueling LeBron James and the Cavaliers, the 76ers announced their arrival with authority
- Cavaliers vs. Celtics Prediction: Can Boston Stop LeBron James, Cleveland From Reaching The 2018 NBA Finals?
- 2018 NBA Playoff MVP Rankings: Can Anyone Catch LeBron James?
- 10 Notable NBA Players Most Likely to Change Teams This Offseason
LeBron James leads EVERY NBA player, coach & ref in kneeling during anthem as league resumed after coronavirus shutdown have 333 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.