Below is supposedly a verbatim transcript of handwritten account of Mary Jane Veloso, a Filipino in death row in Indonesia. The original copy of the said account is reportedly still retained by the Philippine Embassy in Jakarta. This copy was provided to Bulatlat.com by the National Union of Peoples’ Lawyers, a Filipino lawyer rights group who took on Veloso’s case as progressive groups carry on their last ditch efforts to save her from execution. In broken English, Veloso narrated her despair and harrowing tale on how she ended up as a Filipina in death row. The Manila Times reprints Veloso’s account with expressed permission from Bulatlat.com. I’m work to Dubai United Arab Emirates. I’m there as a servant and my contract is two years. But I’m there for 10 months because have someone want to rape me, I decided to come back to Philippines on December 31, 2009, I’m comeback to my country but my money was not enough because my son already go to school… I need to work again… When she ask me about work… if I want work in Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur as servant take… my answer I want… but I said I don’t have money to buy… Read full this story
- The Stockport woman who befriended a Death Row murderer
- The nun who walks death row inmates to the gallows
- Nigeria's 100-year-old death-row inmate seeking pardon
- If the CW doesn't renew 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' and 'Jane the Virgin' we lose all hope in the world
- Who is Dr Jane Barton, how many deaths has she been linked to and when did she work at Gosport War Memorial Hospital?
- I’ve Been Folding My Clothes Wrong—and Other Tricks I Learned From Marie Kondo’s Book
- Patricia Scanlan: Death is nothing to fear says best-selling Irish author
- Resumed Federal Executions Raise Death Penalty's 2020 Stakes
- TATE, Rose Marie Beheler
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Death And Grief
- Death penalty: How many countries still have it?
- Singapore plans changes to mandatory death penalty
Mary Jane narrates how she ended up in death row have 332 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at April 25, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.