The electric vehicle charging infrastructure in India is almost zero at the moment. With electric vehicles set to be the future of automobiles, the Indian government has announced a new project along the Mumbai-Nagpur highway. The 820 km route will get electric car chargers at every 35 km soon. A total of 50 e-charging stations will be set-up on the highway. The state-electricity department – MSEDCL – will set-up the stations and it is funded by the state and the Union ministry of heavy industries. 25 charging stations will be set up on each corridor and Tier II cities like Nashik, Aurangabad, Jalgaon and Amravati will get stations in close proximity. MSEDCL has proposed to set-up 500 such charging stations across the state by 2020. These stations will come up on the Mumbai-Nashik, Mumbai-Pune and Mumbai-Ratnagiri corridors. The MSRDC has finalised the locations on the stretches and is working to set-up the stations. The move is to encourage electric car buyers to take their vehicles out of the city too. At present, due to the lack of charging infrastructure, electric car owners keep their vehicles inside the city perimeter but the government wants to encourage the use of the cleaner electric… Read full this story
- Remote working 101: Nine apps that will help you bust stress and beat work-from-home blues
- Highest March minimum temp in 10 yrs in Mumbai, thundershowers in 9 districts
- Marin County Woman Helps Fight Climate Change
- Coronavirus: Rental-car age rules, fees eased for college students
- Covid-19 scare: PM Modi seeks industry help to stop movement of urban labour class to rural areas
- Pacific Medical Training Helps Retired Health Care Professionals Return to Work and Fight COVID-19
- Petrol, diesel costlier in Rajasthan after VAT hike by government
- Platform ticket hiked to ₹50 at 4 stations of Waltair division
- Centre raises excise duty on petrol, diesel; Congress says 'Shameful, inhumane, heartless'
- Free petrol & diesel from Tesco, Sainsbury's Morrisons and Asda - How to get it
- Government tables notifications on rise in excise duty and road cess on petrol, diesel
- Petrol, diesel price would be drastically lower sans govt's greed for revenue
Mumbai-Nagpur highway to have 50 electric charging stations to help electric cars rival petrol/diesel cars have 342 words, post on www.cartoq.com at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.