In previous seasons of the Philippine Fashion Week (PhFW), the country’s largest and most-awaited fashion event had showcased international labels among local brands and designers. The tendency, however, was that the “foreign” shows grabbed the spotlight and gathered the most audience. For PhFW Holiday 2014 held from May 28 to June 1 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City, The Manila Times proudly reports that Pinoy pride ruled on the runway as there was only one, participating global brand. And while there were fewer shows this season compared to the past ones, a total of 50 emerging and established names in the fashion industry presented their latest collections to trend-savvy and forward-thinking crowds. These Filipino designers all gathered on Day 3 in three jam-packed and back-to-back shows at Hall 3 from afternoon until evening. On the 12:30 slot, designers were Anthony Ramirez, Chris Diaz, Delby Bragais, Eric delos Santos, Happy Andrada, Harley Ruedas, Julius Tarog, Lizanne Cua, Pat Santos, Richard Papa, Roland Lirio, Sidney Perez Sio, Tina Daniac, Vania Romoff, Veejay Floresca, Xernan Ortico, and Yvonne Quisumbing. Alodia Cecila, Arnold Galang, Dave Ocampo, Frederick Policarpio, Gerry Katigbak, Jeffrey Rogador, Jian Lasala, John Guarnes, Jun Jun Cambe, Melchor Guinto, Simon… Read full this story
- Sam Faiers steps out for the first time since she was caught breaking travel rules by flying to the Maldives to celebrate her 30th birthday
- Vanderpump Rules star Lala Kent shows off her baby bump while in black lingerie as she says she feels like she has been 'pregnant forever'
- Holidaymakers vow to get around new quarantine rules by driving from Portugal to Spain so they can dodge 10-days isolation in a hotel when they return to the UK
- Police raid a BABY SHOWER for breaking Covid rules: Moment officers discover 20 people inside home decorated with pink balloons as two men face £200 fines for rule breach
- EU tightens COVID-19 vaccine export rules, creates post-Brexit outcry
- Myanmar's military seizes power in coup after detaining leader Aung San Suu Kyi and ruling party politicians
- Vanderpump Rules star Ariana Madix keeps it casual in long-sleeve T-shirt and sweatpants on coffee run in LA
- EXCLUSIVE: Fury at Sandhurst as 50 recruits catch Covid-19 after officer cadets flouted social distancing rules
- Rules violated: Twitter deletes Kangana Ranaut's 2 tweets in 2 hours on farmers protests
- Ferrari Says This Tailor Made 488 Pista Doesn't Follow The Rules
- Union Budget reflects Centre's efforts to sideline non-BJP ruled states: Amarinder Singh
- Market and rule of law propel reform
Pinoy designers rule! have 393 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at June 7, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.