Caster Semenya has been barred from a South African meet due to unreleased gender verification tests. Despite this setback, Semenya announced she will return to competition Caster Semenya says she will return to competitive racing this season, releasing a statement on the same day that she was denied a chance to run at a meet in South Africa because the IAAF has yet to release its findings from her gender verification tests. The 19-year-old Semenya, who has not raced or spoken publicly since she won the women’s 800-meter race at the world championships in Berlin in August, said Tuesday that she has not done anything wrong and should be allowed to race. “I hereby publicly announce my return to athletics competitions,” Semenya said. The IAAF is still reviewing the test results to determine the South African runner’s eligibility. The organization has refused to confirm or deny Australian media reports that the tests indicate Semenya has both male and female sex organs. Although there is no ban or suspension preventing Semenya from competing, it is thought that she had agreed not to race until the IAAF releases its findings. “I am of the firm view that there is no impediment to… Read full this story
- South Africa Becomes First African Country to Host BMW Driving Experience
- South Africa Is First Country In Africa To Receive “BMW Driving Experience, Official Partner of M” Certificate
- World Cup Report: Poverty and Promise in South Africa
- Corrective Rape: The Epidemic of Violence Against South Africa’s LGBT Community
- South Africa's Future Held by 'Born Frees'
- Mandela Smiles on Hearing of Obama's South Africa Trip
- Mahindra Thar Adventure Series launched in South Africa
- Julius Malema: South Africa's Enfant Terrible
- Is South Africa Putting a Gag on Its People?
- Public Servants Strike in South Africa Over Wage Dispute
- Obama Likely Will Not See Mandela in South Africa
Semenya Barred from Meet in South Africa have 303 words, post on www.theroot.com at March 29, 2010. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.