Never Miss Another Deal - Follow DansDeals on FacebookIt seems like a big company reports a data breach every other day. Last week I wrote about the Equifax data breach settlement. Capital One announced today that they experienced a breach that affected 100 million people in the US. 33 year old Paige Thompson has been arrested in connection with the breach. Capital One says that they believe it is unlikely that she disseminated the data or used it for fraud. No credit card account numbers or log-in credentials were compromised Over 99 percent of Social Security numbers were not compromised. Compromised information included data that Capital One collects at the time it receives credit card applications: Names, addresses, zip codes/postal codes, phone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, and self-reported income. Credit scores, credit limits, balances, payment history, contact information Fragments of transaction data from a total of 23 days during 2016, 2017 and 2018 About 140,000 Social Security numbers of credit card customers were compromised. These are comprised of those who used their Social Security number as their employer identification number in applying for small business credit cards. About 80,000 linked bank account numbers of secured credit card customers were compromised…. Read full this story
- Marriott says data breach may affect up to 500 million Starwood hotel guests
- Equifax had data breach months before big one hit: report
- 36% smaller firms witnessed data breaches in 2019 globally: Survey
- Macy's Data Breach Sees Customer Payment Details Stolen
- The Capital One data breach is alarming, but these are the 5 worst corporate hacks
- UK data watchdog issues record fine for ISP TalkTalk’s 2015 data breach
- ‘Facebook made mistakes’: Mark Zuckerberg says sorry after data breach storm
- OnePlus Suffers a Data Breach (Again)
- Macy’s data breach: Here’s what to know if you shop macys.com
- Eligible consumers can claim up to $20K as part of $700M Equifax settlement over data breach
- Yahoo might owe you money for those big data breaches. Here's how to get it.
- Woman arrested in massive Capital One data breach, impacting over 100 million people
Step Right Up: Capital One Is The Latest To Report A Data Breach have 329 words, post on www.dansdeals.com at July 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.