Never Miss Another Deal - Follow DansDeals on FacebookWhile we don’t yet know the cause of the Ethiopian flight 302 tragedy, airlines across the world are grounding their 737 MAX fleets until they know that they are safe. Planes in the air are even being diverted to land as I write this post. North American airlines are the exception for now, as Air Canada, American, Southwest, United, and Westjet continue to operate them as normal. Boeing and the FAA insist that the airplane is safe to operate, though even Consumer Reports is calling on Boeing to ground the fleet worldwide. 2 fatal accidents within 5 months on a new plane is extremely rare. 3 fatal accidents within a year on the de Havilland Comet in the 1950s grounded that fleet and proved that it was not airworthy as designed. It is worth noting that the safety standards will vary by country. The captain of Ethiopian flight 302 was 29 years old and had 8,000 hours of flight time. The co-pilot had a scant 200 hours of flight time. In the US you need at least 1,500 hours of flight time in order to fly a commercial flight and you would typically… Read full this story
- Donald Trump grounds all Boeing 737 MAX planes in the US after deadly crashes
- Ethiopian CEO says the airline still ‘believes in Boeing’ after the 737 Max crash
- Boeing Signs First Deal for 737 Max Jet Since Deadly Crashes
- Be a squid kid in style: Switch 'Splatoon 2' bundle comes to North America
- Ring2 Conference Controller for BlackBerry now released in North America
- It’s official: We’re (completely) out of IPV4 Addresses in North America
- Ringtail Cats: Photos of the 'Cutest Animal in North America'
- New Sharp Zaurus Available In North America
- Lenovo North America President: "It's a Dual-Device World"
- Don't Freak Out, But Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea Is Coming to North America
- HTC Wildfire headed to North America with HTC Sense in tow
- BREAKING: Internet broken, North America-Asia cables damaged
The 737 MAX Is Being Grounded Around The World, Except For North America; Here’s What You Need To Know have 313 words, post on www.dansdeals.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.