-Find more articles like this by clicking on the “Trip Notes” tab on top of the DansDeals banner at the top of this site. I flew last week to Chicago to experience the tail end of Star MegaDo 4. Hundreds of frequent flyer enthusiasts from forums like Flyertalk and Milepoint get together and fly around the world together and meet with various airline and hotel executives. Star of course refers to Star Alliance. A DO (pronounced like the word do or due) is simply a get-together while a MegaDo is a really big get together. Space to attend these events is always quite limited and there is a cost from $1,000 up to $5,000 depending on how much of the event you want to attend (domestic or international+domestic) and what class you’ll be sitting in on the plane. Participants were treated to flying a brand new United 787 Dreamliner among many other goodies. I was invited to attend the United portion of the DO in Chicago for free so that’s what I’ll talk about. United billed it as their “inaugural” DO, so this will likely become an annual event. I’ll also cover the hotel I stayed in, the local DDF… Read full this story
- L.A. Times Union Finds Longstanding Racial Pay Gap
- Too Big to Fine, Too Small to Fight Back
- As Danny Farquhar fights for life, friends from a decade in baseball balance hope, heartbreak
- Donald Trump admits his Veterans Affairs nominee has 'lack of experience' but White House stands by him anyway
- Ex-New Yorkers are flocking to this Midwest sanctuary
- How old is Kim Jong-un, who’s his wife and when did North Korea’s Supreme Leader visit the South?
- 11th Annual Business & Industry Hall of Fame: Meet the class of 2018
- Air Canada doubles Memphis-Toronto nonstop service, adding early bird departure from MEM
Trip Report: United DO 2012 In Chicago have 303 words, post on www.dansdeals.com at November 18, 2012. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.