Spain has formally invited Morocco to consider bidding to host the 2030 World Cup along with Portugal in a move which could scupper the possibility of a British Isles push to stage the tournament. Spanish PM Pedro Sanchez made the offer of a joint bid involving the two European neighbours and the north African nation during a trip to the Moroccan capital on Monday. Sources close to the Spanish leader said he discussed it with his Moroccan counterpart Saadedin Al Othmani and the country’s King Mohamed VI. Spanish newspapers reported the invitation had been “welcomed” by the Moroccan authorities and received favourable feedback. The move came two months after Spain threw its hat into the 2030 ring in a shock broadside for the planned British Isles World Cup bid. FA chairman Greg Clarke has confirmed exploratory talks about an England-led bid are underway. It had been thought Portugal and Spain would go it alone in their attempt to stage the 2030 World Cup – and Morocco would team up with Algeria and Tunisia. FIFA boss Gianni Infantino threw his support behind Spain by accompanying Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales to a meeting on September 13 at Pedro Sanchez’s official residence… Read full this story
- Bring football home to the North of England with World Cup 2030 final
- England head to Japan the most impressive of the home nations but there's all to play for at World Cup
- Louis van Gaal set to manage Holland for THIRD time as ex-Man Utd boss agrees deal ahead of World Cup 2022
- London’s Lib Dem Mayor candidate backs Women’s World Cup bid and legalising weed
- Boris Johnson under pressure to save Rugby League World Cup after 'selfish' Australia and New Zealand pull out
- Qatar's World Cup Bid Used 'Black Operations': UK Report | Football News
- Women's Rugby World Cup to be postponed until 2022
- USA Faces Really Tough Competition in the World Cup. But the Players Say They're Not Worries.
- This Is Why The Rugby League World Cup Had To Happen In 2021
- Australia and New Zealand withdraw from Rugby League World Cup due to coronavirus concerns
- Rugby League World Cup Hangs On APAC Call As Fiji Commits To Picking NRL Players
- Rugby League World Cup postponed until 2022 after Australia and New Zealand pull out
UK and Ireland face major opposition in World Cup 2030 bid have 368 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.