Besides getting bigger, smartphones keep getting — for lack of a better word — glassier. From front to back, the bodies of many of the newest smartphones are composed of glass. The trend is not part of a broad conspiracy to make you shatter your phone so that you buy a new one. Instead, glass lets energy pass through the phone so that it can be charged wirelessly. The technology relies on magnetic induction, which involves using an electrical current to generate a magnetic field, creating voltage that powers the phone without your plugging a wire into it. Many people are excited about charging without cords. A study by SurveyMonkey found that wireless charging was the most anticipated feature in last year’s new iPhones. Yet in a survey by the research firm IHS, only 29 percent said they used wireless charging last year. That may be because wireless charging isn’t truly wireless. People typically need accessories from companies like Samsung, Mophie and Anker — which generally look like mats and stands that you can set your phone on — to wirelessly power up. And while you don’t have to plug a cable into the phone, the accessories themselves have to… Read full this story
- Best Wireless Charging Pads for Galaxy S8 in 2020
- Best wireless charging pads under $20
- Best Qi Wireless Charging Portable Chargers in 2020
- The best wireless phone chargers for iPhone or Android
- Asus ROG Phone 3 review: At the top of its game
- OnePlus Nord review: top-quality phone is true bargain at £379
- 5G phones in 2020: Galaxy S20, OnePlus Nord, LG Velvet, Motorola Edge Plus and more
- Best Cheap Wireless Earbuds in 2020
- Best Noise-Canceling True Wireless Earbuds in 2020
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 vs. Surface Buds: Which should you buy?
- 4 true wireless earbuds under $40 worth buying
- Find the perfect position for your phone with these Anker wireless chargers on sale for $23
Wireless charging of phones is here, so what is it good for? have 303 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Deal. If you want remove this page, please contact us.